Sunday, December 5, 2004

The Terminal

In a Nutshell: Sweet movie, worth renting, but not as great as I was expecting.

Quick Plot: A man whose country implodes while he is in flight is stranded at the airport for almost a year. He may not enter New York City to continue his trip, nor may he return home. Instead, he must make the best life he can inside the terminal.

In Detail: Definitely had the feel of an older type movie, but it was strangely less satisfying. It was also much more dramatic and less funny than I thought it would be, which may have thrown me some, since it is not what I was expecting. Most of the humorous moments were shown in the previews. And Stanley Tucci, who I usually find hilarious in his gruff over-the-top style, I instead found mean and unsympathetic. Such a shame. A sweet story, some great moments, worth seeing, but I'm glad we rented it instead of seeing it in the theater.

Will I Buy It? I don't think so.

0 comments: